Motherhood


Motherhood.

This is something I do not take lightly. It took me 6 years to become a mother to a living child. All thanks to a mother and father who decided to bless my husband and I with a child. A child whom I did not know would bring me to the brink of insanity but also show me a love I did not know could exist. Let's get back to the point in hand here.

 I am a little late in posting for mothers day but life has been a bit hectic. I just know I got wished a happy mothers day by so many people on mothers day. But I wouldn't have been such a wonderful mother at the time if it weren't for her.  C is like a sister to me. Though her and I didn't exactly like one another to begin with. Fast forward about 3 years and the positive test came.
She came to me and I brought that cheap Walmart .88 cent test.
She went to the bathroom and she hollered for J her boyfriend (Also my bro)
My husband and I sit in the living room staring at each other with our hearts in our stomachs.
I mouthed to my husband SHE IS PREGNANT!
J goes to the bathroom and comes out as quick as he went in.
gave me the come here gesture and I followed him to the back porch.
He says to me," You know we can't take care of another kid, do you still want it?"
Taking everything in me not to scream and jump up and down. I vocalize the very small but huge word to me "Yes".


Fast-forward another month or so I find out I am pregnant.
Through the whole pregnancy of mine I am having preterm-labor and high chances of loss.
At 7 months pregnant I get "The Call" She is in labor.
It was 12:00 am at night. My nephew was sleeping and I was watching tv. My bro R called me and says C is on the way to the hospital that we need to hurry up. So S and I get B up and take him next door to the sitter.

GET THE FIRST BABY GENDER GUIDE HERE

Click Here!


About 15 minutes later R calls back and says have you left yet and I said pulling out the driveway now and he was like oh man you aint gonna make it.
I said yes I will. With S going about 80 and we had a 30 minute drive, we got there 21 minutes before she came into this world. Our very first daughter K.M. Being 7 months pregnant myself I couldn't put into words just how I felt. It was so bittersweet. C was crying because she was alone. J was not with her for reasons he couldn't control. I wanted to be her rock. I also wanted to hold this beautiful soul C gifted us. My husband S was the very first one to hold her, the first one she touched.

The photo although blurry is our first. 
At 7 and a half months pregnant I slept in a straight back chair that had no cusion just to stay with this beauty and give C support and company as well. C and I bonded in ways a birth mom and hopeful mom to be I didn't know could. I am so glad. So I may be late this year writing a blog post about it
I still want to publicly show my undivided attention and unconditional love to a very special mom in my life. C, I could never thank you enough for the amazing gift you gave me and S. Happy Mothers Day.

From One Mother To Another

Comments

Popular Posts