The truth about suicide.



This may be triggering to some so please take note before continuing.

Your best friend looks happy. He or she lives daily life very open and peppy.
But when they are alone they don’t eat, can’t sleep, cry all the time. So
When you lose them you blame yourself for not seeing it. What did I do to
make matters worse? What could I have done differently? Did I upset them in any way?
OH crap I forgot to call them last week. It had been nearly a month since we last spoke. I wasn’t
There for them.


ALL OF THESE THINGS COME TO MIND, AND THEN SOME.

FEELINGS:
1. Denial
2. Anger
3. Bargaining
4. Depression
5. Acceptance

These are also called the 5 stages of grief.

DENIAL:  It can’t be. It didn’t happen. They are just at the store or in bed. They haven’t called because they have been busy.

ANGER: How could they be so selfish (I hear that one alot)? How did I not see it coming?
Why would they do this? How could they leave their family behind hurting?

BARGAINING: What can I do to change this? I wish it were me instead. Why couldn’t it be the evil people and not a sweet mother, sister, best friend.

DEPRESSION: I can’t take this anymore. I just want to die too. I don’t want to get out of bed.
I can’t eat. I can’t sleep. All I think about is you. I have lost all interest in everything. The sunshine even looks dull without you here.

ACCEPTANCE: I lost someone. But I have my life to live and my family to be there for. I can breathe again and once again have happy days. I will still feel sorrow when I think of you but I
also feel happy that I have the memories that I do with you.


I want to say I am one who has lost my best friend to suicide. She took a permanent solution to a temporary situation. I am angry at her for it and as of this date it has been 5 months since the loss of her. I am stuck between denial, anger, and depression. I have been stuck for a few months in this.


YOU ARE NOT ALONE!

Even if you are the suicidal one or the one who lost someone to suicide. You can move forward.
Your life might suck right now BUT you have the option to make a change. You don’t end your life because it gets too hard. You talk to someone, possibly it’s just a chemical imbalance in your brain. Maybe life is really getting to be too much. Think why is it getting to be so much?
What can you change? Can you seek out school? A job? If it is a bad relationship, you can leave. ASK FOR HELP! Do not let your ego or fear hold you back. You are very strong and you can overcome this slump you feel like you are in. I promise.



DISCLAIMER: I am not a doctor, therapist, or anyone who is medically capable of giving medical advice. Please if you feel suicidal or even need someone to talk to please seek help.
 If you are in crisis, please call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255) or contact the Crisis Text Line by texting TALK to 741-741.

If you need help or if you are looking to help please visit.
https://afsp.org/  


Suicide claims more lives than war, murder, and natural disasters combined.
General
In 2014 (latest available data), there were 42,773 reported suicide deaths.
Suicide is the fourth leading cause of death for adults between the ages of 15 and 64 years in the United States.
Currently, suicide is the 10th leading cause of death in the United States.
A person dies by suicide about every 12.3 minutes in the United States.
Every day, approximately 117 Americans take their own life.
Ninety percent of all people who die by suicide have a diagnosable psychiatric disorder at the time of their death.
There are 3.5 male suicides for every female suicide, but three times as many females as males attempt suicide.
494,169 people visited a hospital for injuries due to self-harm behavior, suggesting that approximately 12 people harm themselves (not necessarily intending to take their lives) for every reported death by suicide.


Please visit my Donation page to help others.

https://afsp.donordrive.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=1267377

Comments

Popular Posts